Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dealer Practices to be Scrutinized by the FTC and CFPB

“Bottom-Feeders” to Be the First Scrutinized...

By: Thomas Hudson


When you are a lawyer, it seems that all your friends insist on telling you every lawyer joke they hear. One of my favorite recent ones: “What’s the difference between a lawyer and a carp?” The answer, after my obligatory “I give up” was, “One’s a scum-sucking bottom-feeder, and the other one’s just a fish.”

I immediately thought of that one when I read that Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Leibowitz, in a speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, used the term “bottom-feeder” in describing the FTC’s agenda for the coming year in light of the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), with which the FTC will share enforcement authority over financial services companies.


Read the rest of this excellent article here: http://www.autodealermonthly.com/79/4078/ARTICLE/Dealer-Practices-to-be-Scrutinized-by-the-FTC-and-CFPB.aspx



Next Post: http://autofinanceinsider.blogspot.com/2011/05/compare-spending-habits-with-your-peers.html


Back to the Auto Finance Insider blog homepage:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Complex Post. This post helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot

Mike K. said...

Wow, you have a great writing style on your website. I like how you start with a joke and then get into the serious stuff. Very very well done.

mot in liverpool said...

This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking for. I'll come back to this blog for sure! I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed. Keep up the good work. :)

Auto Finance Insider (AFI) said...

Thank you very much for your positive comments!